The epic movie is now available on Blu-ray combo pack and DVD since April 5. The Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere are available since April 1. Proving to be a cinematic force to be reckoned with, Star Wars: The Force Awakens earned a whopping $925 million domestically and $2.05 billion internationally on opening weekend.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens saw the eagerly anticipated re-teaming of original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, along with Anthony Daniels, the only actor to have been in all seven Star Wars films, and Peter Mayhew. The returning cast was joined by newcomer Daisy Ridley, who beat out fierce competition to take the principal role of Rey; BAFTA Rising Star Award winner John Boyega as reluctant stormtrooper Finn; Adam Driver , and Golden Globe® winner Oscar Isaac.
Directed by J.J. Abrams and written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt. Produced by Lucasfilm president and eight-time Academy Award® nominee Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk. The acclaimed composer John Williams returned to score this 7th chapter garnering his 50th Oscar®nomination for it.
The discs come with in-depth documentary and bonus materials through extensive footage, never-seen-before deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Bonus features include*:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Warsuniverse.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Warsand The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Warsfans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
Categories: Blu-ray™ & DVD