GET READY FOR BIG FUN in November!!!
CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG is hitting theaters and Paramount+ on November 10.
Before the fun begins, let’s bake some puppy treats: bone-shaped cookies.
Only 5 human-grade ingredients are needed for these cute little treats! All are easy on your dog’s stomach. I tested these treats on a few of our family’s dogs with flying colors. Yours will love them, too!
- Pumpkin Purée: Adding pumpkin purée helps these treats to be easily digestible!
- Peanut Butter: What dog doesn’t like peanut butter? It is full of proteins and healthy fats for your pup. Just make sure there isn’t any xylitol in the brand you choose. Xylitol is an artificial sweetener that is toxic to dogs.
- Eggs: Used as a binding agent to give these treats their cookie-like form!
- Whole-Wheat Flour: I like to use whole-wheat flour for its health benefits. If your dog has a gluten intolerance, opt for a gluten-free flour!
Making treats for your dogs at home is a cinch. It’s fun, too! You can use any shape of cookie cutter you like! With Halloween coming up, some spooky dog treats would make an awesome gift for your loved ones with furry friends!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Baking Sheet: To start, preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In the bowl of a mixer, use the paddle attachment to combine the pumpkin, peanut butter and eggs on medium high speed.
- Add Flour and Cinnamon: Next, add in the flour and cinnamon and mix until a stiff dough has formed.
- Roll Out Dough and Cut: Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and roll out to ¼ inch thick. Then, use cookie cutters to cut your desired shapes!
- Bake: Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Serve: Your treats are ready for your favorite pups!
More about the film
Paramount Pictures Presents In Association with eOne Films and New Republic Pictures A Scholastic Entertainment/Kerner Entertainment Company Production. When middle-schooler Emily Elizabeth (Darby Camp) meets a magical animal rescuer (John Cleese) who gifts her a little, red puppy, she never anticipated waking up to find a giant ten-foot hound in her small New York City apartment. While her single mom (Sienna Guillory) is away for business, Emily and her fun but impulsive uncle Casey (Jack Whitehall) set out on an adventure that will keep you on the edge-of-your-seat as our heroes take a bite out of the Big Apple. Based on the beloved Scholastic book character, Clifford will teach the world how to love big!
CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IN THEATRES AND ON PARAMOUNT NOVEMBER 10, 2021!!