It’s time to celebrate at Nickelodeon’s SANTIAGO OF THE SEAS!!! Tomás birthday is coming up soon!!! The new episode, airing on July 9 At 12:00pm PT/ET, is all about a special birthday surprise that Santiago, Lorelai and Abuelo are traversing dangerous water to bring to Tomás this special.
Ryan and I decided to also celebrate here at home to bake a Tres Leches Cake, an soft and ultra-moist cake with three milk mixture topped with sweetened whipped cream! Let’s do this!!!
(*Disclaimer – I received a gift card for purchasing the products for this post.)
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 eggs (large)
- 1 cup sugar divided into 3/4 and 1/4 cups
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
Preheat the oven to 350 °F and butter a 9×13 glass or ceramic casserole dish. Set up three mixing bowls.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, the baking powder, and salt. Separate egg whites and yolks into the other two bowls.
- Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar using an electric mixer on high speed, until yolks are a pale yellow (about 2 minutes). Stir in 1/3 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form (about 1 minute). With the mixer on, pour in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat on high speed until egg whites are stiff but not dry (about 1 minute)
- Pour egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and combine gently with a spatula.
- Gently fold in egg white mixture with the spatula until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread to even out the surface and bake at 350˚F for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
SYRUP (3-MILK MIXTURE)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 9 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl with a pouring lip or a measuring cup, combine 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, 12 oz evaporated milk and 9 oz condensed milk. When the cake is cool, pierce the surface all over with a fork. Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the cake.
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Pour 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbsp sugar into a large chilled mixing bowl and beat on high speed 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until thick, whipped and spreadable. Spread over the cake with a spatula. You can also decorate with berries.